Website: yifangu.com | Email: email@example.com
Experiences & Achievements
Employment | Zensors Inc | Software Engineer (July 2018 – NOW)
Founding Engineer. Responsible for developing backend services and infrastructure for the platform. Platform is written in Golang, TypeScript and Python. Deployed on AWS.
- Migrated services from docker-compose to Kubernetes
- Developed network tools to enable access to servers behind NATs
- Managing local server cluster
C Programming Course Teaching Assistant | CMU | 15-122 (Sept 2016 – July 2017)
- Responsible for grading and assisting students in lab sessions and office hours.
- Held recitations for students.
Internship | Neon App (July 2015 – August 2015)
- Worked with 2 CMU graduates and a fellow CMU undergraduate to create a Uber-like app for on-demand manicure / pedicure.
- Created a back-end using Python and MongoDb with team members, complete with authentication (OAuth / OAuth2), order and payment.
Internship | Shanghai Talent Education Group (July 2014 – August 2014)
- Wrote scripts with Python and LaTeX to automatically convert quizzes from Quizlet.com or Excel files to printable exam PDFs available to teachers and students. Significantly reduced workload for colleagues. Result put into production as part of company’s work flow.
Open Source Contributions
- Vampire Magnetic Material Simulation System: Developed a web-based 3D viewing program for data visualization.
Notable Personal Projects
- Wasmino: Compiles Arduino code to WebAssembly and run Arduino code in browser.
- Featured on Adafruit Blog.
- Library Occupancy Estimation System: Estimates library occupancy by analyzing Wi-Fi traffic. Deployed at Sorrells Science and Engineering Library.
- Communicated with relevant parties, including the IRB, to facilitate the project.
- Wrote embedded and server software for the project.
- Designed and deployed a web-based frontend for the system.
- Designed and made 3D printed enclosures for electronics.
- LAN Party VPN (100+ stars on GitHub): Allows you to play classic LAN games over discord.
- VMCLI (500+ stars on GitHub): Light-weight Virtual Machine Manager for macOS.
- Featured on console.dev
- Pittsburgh Map Coaster
- ZPUSim: A simulator for ZPU, an esoteric instruction set
- 3D Scanner: Course Project for 15-112, turns consumer-grade projector and webcam into a fully functional 3D scanner
Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
Design / Multimedia
Photoshop, Sketch, Solidworks, Autodesk Fusion 3D, OnShape.