Website: yifangu.com | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experiences & Achievements
Employment | Zensors Inc | Software Engineer (July 2018 – NOW)
Founding Engineer. Responsible for developing backend services and infrastructure for the platform. Platform is written in Golang, TypeScript and Python. Deployed on AWS.
- Migrated services from docker-compose to Kubernetes
- Developed network tools to enable access to servers behind NATs
- Managing local server cluster
Project | CMU | Library Occupancy Estimation (July 2017 – September 2017)
Estimates library occupancy by analyzing Wi-Fi traffic. Deployed at Sorrells Science and Engineering Library.
- Wrote Embedded-C for a Tensilica L106 RISC SoC (inside ESP8266) for sniffing Wi-Fi probe request frames, encrypting and communicating with a HTTP server.
- Developed a protocol based on XTEA-CCM for encrypted and authenticated data transmission over HTTP.
- Developed a server with Python3 for data processing and to provide a public API.
- Developed a responsive Single-Page-Application using Vue.js and Materialize for real-time viewing of library occupancy.
- Designed and made 3D printed enclosures for electronics.
C Programming Course Teaching Assistant | CMU | 15-122 (Sept 2016 – July 2017)
- Responsible for grading and assisting students in lab sessions and office hours.
- Held recitations for students.
Internship | Neon App (July 2015 – August 2015)
- Worked with 2 CMU graduates and a fellow CMU undergraduate to create a Uber-like app for on-demand manicure / pedicure.
- Created a back-end using Python and MongoDb with team members, complete with authentication (OAuth / OAuth2), order and payment.
Project | CMU | Course Term Project | 3D Scanner (Fall 2014)
- Turned consumer-grade projector and webcam into a fully functional 3D scanner comparable with commercial products using OpenCV and Python.
- Invited by course professor to present the project to 500 people, mostly students in the same course, explaining technologies and technical details in the project.
Internship | Shanghai Talent Education Group (July 2014 – August 2014)
- Wrote scripts with Python and LaTeX to automatically convert quizzes from Quizlet.com or Excel files to printable exam PDFs available to teachers and students. Significantly reduced workload for colleagues. Result put into production as part of company’s work flow.
Open Source Contributions
- Implemented progressive Offset Code Book Mode (OCB) AES encryption to allow simultaneous encryption, authentication and data transfer in web applications. Code is now in master branch.
Vampire Magnetic Material Simulation System
- Developed a web-based 3D viewing program with x3dom for data visualization.
- ZPUSim, a simulator for ZPU, an esoteric ZISC CPU.
- ezclone, a git / svn like frontend to rclone for easy file backup.
Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
Design / Multimedia
Photoshop, Sketch, Solidworks, Autodesk Fusion 3D.